RULES REGULATIONS & INDEMNITY
- If you are under the age of 18 Parental/Guardian consent is required
- Entry is open to all male and female competitors.
- Entries are now open
- Entries close at midnight on 24 September 2021
- ALL entrants will qualify to compete at APAC 2021
- 01 October 2021 – Contestant information, indemnity forms, parental consent forms & Props approval to be submitted. sent To email@example.com
- 01 October 2021 music in MP3 format / video & music MP4 format sent via https://www.wetransfer.com
- No nudity, g strings, thongs or overtly sexual behavior is allowed in acro and art and will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The use of alcohol or drugs is explicitly forbidden and will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Human props are allowed, they may not do any apparatus work ie they may not touch the pole/lyra/silk. They will be required to purchase a spectator ticket to take part.
- The change room and warm up areas are for contestants and coaches only. Coaches will need to purchase a spectator ticket to be allowed permission backstage.
- If you have won in a specific category in a previous APAC you must enter into the next level of the division, if you have placed in 2nd or 3rd twice in a division you must move up to the higher division
- .The winners of the following divisions will qualify to represent South Africa at the WORLD IBFF CHAMPIONSHIPS in Kota in June 2022
- Costumes must cover the pelvic and gluteal crease for all athletes and the chest area for female athletes. A two-piece or leotard is allowed with the chest area fully covered
- A one-piece bottom is allowed for men only.
- No shoes allowed
- Hair to be neat and away from the face
- Costumes to be in line with theme, we encourage you to be as creative as you like with your costume, this will benefit your overall score
- Boots, shoes may be worn but are not a requirement, no heels allowed
- Min 6 inch Heels compulsory, outfit may be lingerie or more revealing but NO NUDITY ALLOWED
- Any costume malfunction will lead to point deduction.
Acro: NO PROPS ALLOWED
Art & Classique:
- Props are permitted and encouraged but need to be approved before the event. No fire acts
- They need to be set up and removed with ease.
- People are permitted as props, but they may not do any apparatus work. They will be required to purchase a ticket to enter the venue.
- NO products are to be applied to the pole.
- Grip aids may only be applied to the competitor’s body.
- The following grip aids are prohibited: Stickum, Rosin.
- Athletes may check the poles/lyra before commencing, if they are not happy with the poles, the pole cleaners will re-clean them, they may also clean the poles themselves if they would like to but must use the cleaning products supplied by the organizer
- Gloves may be worn by the contestant during their performance to assist with grip. The judges will take this into consideration when scoring.
- No creams or tans to be applied on the day of the competition.
- Music must be cut to the right length required in your selected division in high quality MP3 format, or MP4 for videos (there will be a full size LED screen for background)- before being uploaded to www.wetransfer.com by no later than 1 October 2021. If we do not receive your music by this deadline you will have to dance without music!!!!!
- Music may contain lyrics for all divisions (no explicit language allowed except for Classique)
- A selection of songs/tracks may be mixed together.
- The poles will be 38mm powder coated, one piece (no joints) 4m high, secured to a trussing structure
- They will be +-3 meters apart from one another
- The spinning pole will be on your left, static pole on your right for acro, if you are standing on stage facing the audience
- Both poles should be used during your performance.
- You may bring your own lyra
- We will supply 3 options of lyra, if you do not have your own:
- Lyra 1: Untaped, powder-coated, single point, 20mm thick, diameter 90cm
- Lyra 2: Taped, single point, 24mm, diameter 95cm
- Lyra 3: Untaped, powder-coated double point, 24mm thick, diameter 95cm
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
- Contestants agree to be photographed and filmed throughout the event.
- All photography & footage will remain the property of APAC
- Contestants agree that all photography and footage can and may be used by APAC for promotional, advertising and commercial purposes, without compensation to the contestant.
- Photographs and videos (TBC) will be available for purchase from the event.
- Entering Acro Pole Art Classic indemnifies the contestants to the following: Participants acknowledge and accept that ACRO POLE ART CLASSIC, its owners and staff (the Organizers) IBFF SA, the venue Emerald Resort & Casino, their staff and owners are not liable for any injury, loss or damage resulting from participation in the event
- The Organizers reserves the right to add to or amend rules.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in disqualification.
- ENTRY FORM: http://acropoleartclassic.com/